- What are dentures?
Dentures are artificial teeth and gums that are made by our Prosthesis to replace any lost or removed natural teeth. Dentures can replace all teeth or just a few that are missing. Regardless of what kind of dentures you may need, they will be custom made to fit your mouth, and matched to your existing teeth.
- Dentures should fit correctly and be comfortable.
Having correctly fitting dentures can provide a reason to smile again. After a short period of time, you can eat, drink and speak normally. Stop suffer embarrassment, of missing teeth and start enjoying the benefits of a white and bright smile.
- How often should you have your dentures replaced?
Dentures will not last forever, if you have old denture that are older than 7 years old your mouth and face may have changed, your bone would have shrunk and the plastic teeth may have worn down changing your facial dimension and your bite may no longer be correct.
- What is a denture reline?
A reline is used to re-fit the surface of a denture to your gum. A reline can bring back suction, comfort and stability and stop food from going under the denture. A denture relined is necessary to keep the denture fitting well.
Reasons a reline may be required:
- Better fit, a relined denture stays in better
- A better fitting denture helps the mouth stay healthy
- Helps a denture last longer
- Helps with proper nutrition and health
- Maintain the original vertical dimension of the face as the gums continue shrinking.
- Are you a DVA Gold Card Member?
For our DVA Gold Card members dentures can be made free of charge.